Update to the Iomega StorCenter ix4-200D : v184.108.40.20698
Today my NAS emailed me. 😉 It was pretty great. A short little reminder that a new update to the firmware was now available. I was lucky enough to receive this in the mail from Chad Sakac around Christmas time and it has been great to work with in my home environment. I currently have 2 ESX servers connected to it via NFS and all the VMs perform like champs (for my home use). No complaints from the wife or kids! 🙂 (Thanks again for the NAS Chad!).
Back to the email. A quick jump to the web based dashboard of the NAS and there is a nice and easy link to download the new firmware.
A quick shutdown of the Virtual Machines running and I was off to the races on my update. I’ve said it before but if you are looking for a great inexpensive addition to your Home Lab, check out the IX4.
Literally a couple of clicks later and my firmware was updated. Check out the release notes below for information on the update.
General Description: This firmware update provides performance improvements for your StorCenter ix4-200d. Iomega recommends this update for all units.
- Improved folder permissions, including AFP
- Fixed iSCSI segment length
- Improved Video Surveillance integration
- Fixed minor security issue with external USB devices
- Improved Active Directory integration
- Improved content indexing performance
- Fixed an issue with RAID arrays
- Improved performance when discovering multiple devices on network
- Restricts thumbnails to files less than 15 megapixels